Thursday, March 27, 2014

RITA, Silhouette Desire Deal & Eye Candy

I have a story to tell. First up, I'm kind of a night owl, because often, that's when my brain seems to kick into high gear. Last night, I was up till 4am working on ARCHANGEL'S SHADOWS.

So, when the phone rang at 7am, I answered it, had a perfectly rational conversation and hung up. Ten minutes later, my eyes flicked open and I thought: Did she say HEART OF OBSIDIAN has been nominated for a RITA Award?!

I checked the list of finalists on the website and yes, Kaleb and Sahara's story is a finalist in the Paranormal Romance section of Romance Writers of America RITA Awards! Wooho! I ate a peanut butter cupcake with dark chocolate icing for breakfast to celebrate. :D

Alas, I ate it too quickly to take a photo, but here's a photo from the last time I baked a batch. And here's the link to the recipe at Sally's Baking Addiction. (Warning: the site is a vortex - once you enter, you will find it difficult to escape. I say that as someone who looooooves baked goods! Her recipes work really well for me - both the usual version and if I substitute gluten free flour.)

Click the link to see the full list of RITA
nominees.

~

Also, A few hours ago, it was a UK deal, and now I have a North American deal - one of my Silhouette Desire books is on sale for $1.99: SECRETS IN THE MARRIAGE BED.

Check it out if you'd like to get a glimpse of where my career began. The six Desire novels I wrote are all short contemporary romances, no paranormal elements, but they're still me. :-)


So far the deal's showing up at Amazon. I'll keep an eye out for other links but if you spot it first, please leave a note in the comments for other readers.

Here's the excerpt link.

Also, if you're hunting up the Desires in paperback, I've been told two (Awaken to Pleasure and Awaken the Senses) will be reprinted in one volume later in the year in the US, under the title AWAKE.


And last but not least, some eye candy! This gorgeous, gorgeous photo was brought to my attention by Under the Covers book blog on Twitter. The reviewer asked me if he was a good representation of Vasic. Answer: Oh my goodness, YES! (The model is: Goran Jurenec).


14 comments :

Maree Anderson said...

ZOMG, I'm so excited for you, Nalini. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS AND WOOOHOOOO!s on your RITA nomination for Heart of Obsidian. Richly deserved. Doing a silly happy dance in my jammies for you :)

Diane said...

Wow! That picture of "Vasic" is gorgeous!!! Stirs my imagination! Congratulations on the Rita nomination and the re-release of your books! All good news.

Jen Dempsey said...

MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS on the RITA nomination, Nalini! Awesome! :D

Janhavi said...

Congratulations, Nalini! That is awesome news :D I am a total night owl too, btw :)

Nalini Singh said...

Thanks everyone! I had to go take a nap - it's lovely to wake up to such nice comments! :)

Anonymous said...

Whoo! congratulations on making the finals list! I loved that book.

- From another Night Owl

Leah said...

Congratulations on the nomination! Very much deserved!! And I must say, that cupcake looks delicious, I have to go check out the site now!

Eva said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch (Congratulations)!

And thanks for the recipe. I love muffins and cupcakes.
Can somebody please tell me what "heavy cream" is?

Nalini Singh said...

Eva - I think in Germany it's probably branded as just full-fat cream. That's what we have in NZ and it worked fine in the recipe.

Eva said...

Something new learned:-).
Thank you Nalini!

Princess_jime said...

Congratulations! I hope you win, Heart Of Obsidian was the best book I read last year, hands down.
OMG, I might be in serious love with Vasic... that photo... sighs.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your being nominated :) I can say Heart of Obsidian deserves it.
My God. Is that Vasic? #gaping I'm really restraining myself not to let my jaw hits the floor. If I fell head over heels with Kaleb, I might get serious crush with Vasic.

library addict said...

Congrats on the nomination. Fingers crossed for you to win. Loved HOO.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your nomination for a RITA Nalini. My fingers, eyes, toes and everything else is crossed for you to win it. But of course you don't need my help.